Wednesday, April 23, 2014

LESSON LEARNED: CHARACTER - DO IT THE RIGHT WAY

I came across an interview between Swish Appeal and Tyler Summitt, the new head coach at Louisiana Tech.  As we all know, Tyler is the son of Coach Pat Summitt.  Because of this, I loved the question posed to Tyler and loved even more his answer.

SA: Out of the all the things you have learned from your mother, what is the one thing that stood out the most?

TS: "I think it's character, it's doing things the right way. My mom never cut corners; she always did things right way, treated people the right way. And at the same time, she held people accountable, I don't care what they were doing, they were held strictly accountable to be the best they could be.

"But at the same time, she always did things the right way. She just had (great) character on and off the court, everything she did. So, I'm going to strive to have character as well."

Tyler obviously had a great teacher in Coach Summitt but he was obviously a great learner -- understanding it goes well beyond X & O's.

You can read the entire interview here.