Thursday, September 25, 2008

THINGS I'VE LEARNED FROM COACH (#1)

While Coach Meyer continues to recover I've decided that I will start each day by listing something that Coach has taught me during our 15 year friendship. I have five three-inch notebooks filled with notes I've taken from spending time with Coach so these "thoughts" may last even past his recovery -- which we should all pray for a speedy and successful one.

COACH MEYER: "It doesn't matter where you coach, it matters why you coach."

This is a thought that speaks to every coach on every level. It puts the focus back on the young people that we are developing on and off the court as well as our responsibility to the community in which we live, the institution in which we work, the profession for which we represent, and to the game of basketball.