Friday, June 24, 2011

10 MOST POWERFUL PHRASES: #3 YOU CAN DO IT

I recently picked up "Ten Powerful Phrases for Positive People" by Rich DeVos who is the cofounder of Amway and the Chairman of the Orlando Magic. It's not a big book but it was a great read. There is no one this book would not benefit, especially coaches. This is a relationship-improvement book whether it's your professional life or your personal life. I will share some of these words and the thoughts but DeVos gives so many great stories that I strongly recommend you get the book.

#3: YOU CAN DO IT

It's important to encourage a "You can do it" attitude to others and within yourself.  Sometimes it is the only thing that drives a person to accomplish his goal.

You never will discover how far you can go if you don't start "doing it."  Otherwise you limit your whole life and will always have regerst, thinking, I wish I'd tried that.

Too many people never try to do anything because they're afraid -- afraid of failure, that someone might criticise them or laught at them, that they don't have enough training or expertise.  To them I say, "Set a goal and go for it.  You can do it!"