Wednesday, April 15, 2015

PGA GOLFER SHOWS INTEGRITY AND PRIORITIES

It's true I'm not the greatest of golf fans though I have great respect for the skill and levels of mental concentration.  I watch golf when afforded the time.  And I'm starting to become a James Hahn fan.

In case you missed it, Hahn, in an inspiring moment of integrity, penalized himself a shot at the Masters. 

A penalty shot for a ball that moved one dimple.  A movement that no one saw but Hahn.  His reward?  Missing the cut at the Masters by -- you guessed it -- one stroke.  But I loved his tweet after the cut.

Repeat: "Sometimes you don't get rewarded for doing the right thing. Bus it doesn't mean you shouldn't do the right thing."  Hashtag - Integrity.

I started doing a little more research on Hahn.  I found out that he was a grinder who took some time and sacrifice to find success on the PGA.  When he captured his first win in February 2015 at the Northern Trust Open the story was told of working during the week as a shoe salesman to make just enough money to keep chasing his dream.

After winning the Northern Trust Open, he automatically qualified WGC-Cadillac Championship at Doral and a chance at another good pay day.

But he skipped it -- with good reason...the birth of his daughter.