Wednesday, April 14, 2010

ESPN's BUSTER OLNEY PEN'S BOOK ON COACH MEYER

I can imagine that everyone has figured out that I am an avid reader. Still, I'm not sure I've ever had more anticipation in regards to reading a book as "How Lucky Can You Be: The Life Story of Don Meyer." First, the subject is one of my favorites -- Coach Meyer -- who has been a friend and mentor to so many of us. Second, the author is ESPN's Buster Olney. Most of us know Buster because of the great work he does in covering Major League Baseball but he put a great amount of time and energy into this project which tells me it will be a special read for all of us. The book will be released September 21 and below is a link at Amazon. In speaking to Buster this morning I found out that he is ironing out the last four chapters and he is so passionate about this project that the anticipation for all of us will mount during the summer. I will keep you all posted about the book as it's release date grows near!