Wednesday, September 30, 2009

WORDS OF WIDSOM FROM MICHAEL JORDAN

ON HIS MENTORS
"The process for me has always been pure. It's been about leading and staying true -- authentic -- to those fundamental values that flowed downstream from my parents and Coach (Dean) Smith."

ON BEING CUT AS A HIGH SCHOOL SOPHOMORE
"Whenever I was working out and got tired and figured I ought to stop, I'd sloe my eyes and see that list in the locker room without my name on it, and that usually got me going again."

ON PERCEPTIONS OF HIM
I"ve never been worried about anyone's perception, one way or another. I've never allowed anyone's opinion to define me. I'm comfortable with who I am, I trust myself."

ON TEAM FIRST
"One thing I believe to the fullest is that if you think and achieve as a team, the individual accolades will take care of themselves. Talent wins games but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."

ON FAILURE LEADING TO SUCCESS
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times, I've been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

ON OBSTACLES
"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it or work around it."

ON FEAR
"I know fear is an obstacle for some people, but it is an illusion to me...failure always made me try harder next time."

ON WORK
"Anything can happen if you are willing to put in the work and remain open to the possibility. Dreams are realized by effort determination, passion and staying connected to that sense of who you are."