1. There are no absolutes
2. Do more, talk less -- kids learn by doing
3. Make lay-ups -- practice game like lay-ups, and shooting lay-ups differently.
4. Every pass counts -- demand accurate passes.
5. Make free throws -- if your team made of their lay-ups and free throws, how many more games would you win?
6. Expect accurate shooting -- practice making shots!
7. Let them play -- the best drill to simulate playing a game is playing a game. Let you players scrimmage frequently
8. Practice end of game situations
9. A team is a direct reflection of its head coach
10. Your practices are a direct reflection of what you care about
11. They don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.
12. Enjoy the journey!