The following list was compiled by Jim Boone, now the head men's coach at Tusculum College. I compiled this list in notes that I took after visiting with Jim for a few days while he was the head coach at Eastern Michigan University. Jim is a detail-oriented coach that has a set of guidelines and principles for every facet of his program.
1. Never, never, never, never, never make excuses.
2. Focus on Coach Boone's comments and points of emphasis for improvement.
3. Begin preparation for the next game mentality.
4. Encourage teammates and remain positive.
5. Be realistic, concentrate on TEAM, not me.
6. We are a family -- family affairs stay in the family.