Saturday, October 24, 2009

JOE TORRE'S TRIPLE PLAY: FAIRNESS, RESPECT AND TRUST

Joe Torre’s Triple Play includes fairness, respect and trust. These are the three prime ingredients in any recipe for teamwork.

1. I treat team players with honesty and trust, and ask for the same in return.
2. I make an unstated agreement with each team player: “Give me effort and I’ll never second-guess you. I’ll always defend you.”
3. I apply team rules evenhandedly to all team members.
4. I never give grievances to others, including the media, before I privately air my grievance with a player.
5. I never humiliate or embarrass a team player in front of others.I don’t play favorites. I offer no special favors to high-salaried stars or players I like, nor do I make a show of personal preferences


From "Ground Rules for Winners" by Joe Torre