1. Two things he learned most important:
b) Don’t assume anything
2. Know your staff, personnel, who you work for, and who you work with.
3. In high school, he sent letters to player’s parents.
4. Open door policy with players.
5. Don’t tell players they can’t do stuff!
6. Assistants base suggestions on FACTS and RESEARCH.
7. Big on Loyalty, Commitment, and Trust.
8. Treat everyone the same – janitor, coaches, and players.
9. Better the player – more communication.
10. Best players need to be hardest workers – hold them accountable, don’t kiss their butt!
11. Catch words:
a) HUMBLE, HARD WORK, HONESTY
b) FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDSHIP
12. The 5 A’s:
a) Attitude – positive but nasty in competition!
13. Basketball is only sport you can work on your game by yourself to get better at all parts of game.
14. He is not into false motivation or mind games.