Tuesday, August 23, 2011

ENJOY THE RIDE

One of the things I enjoy outside of coaching is music.  In fact, you can usually here some sort of music coming from office the entire today -- often some great jazz.  On the early morning ride into my office this morning I was actually listening to the Zac Brown Band in my Jeep and their song "Quiet Your Mind" which is a song about man's challenge to defeat time and I thought about how much it related to coaching.

"They say that it's gone before you know it."

There is not guarantee certainly on the amount of days we have on this earth -- not is their on the amount of time we get to teach and coach.

"Soak it all in:
it's a game you can't win,
enjoy the ride."

Time will run out on all of us...and in the coaching profession we will one day look up and our tenure will be over.  No matter how hard we work, we can't coach forever...so "soak it all in" and "enjoy the ride."