Below are some wonderful thoughts to remember as we work with young people via Tim Elmore. If you aren't reading Tim's books or signed up for his email blogs you are missing out on one of the best resources available today as we teach and coach millennials. In fact, since being introduced to Tim's materials by Georgia head coach Joni Taylor this past summer, he has become the most important resource I've had this season -- an absolute must if you are a coach, a teacher or parent.
As you work with students to build a healthy lifestyle, remember these truths:
1. Human beings are, indeed, creatures of habit.
2. Habits become addictions as they enable us to cope with life.
3. We often trade one habit for another as we attempt to quit bad ones.
4. We must help youth strive to replace bad habits with good ones.
5. Teens often don’t end bad habits until they feel the consequences of them.
6. One secret to maturity is to live free from the bondage of an addiction.
7. Healthy leadership begins with self-leadership. I must lead “me” first.