Friday, September 16, 2011

10 MOST POWERFUL PHRASES: #7 "I NEED YOU"

I recently picked up "Ten Powerful Phrases for Positive People" by Rich DeVos who is the cofounder of Amway and the Chairman of the Orlando Magic. It's not a big book but it was a great read. There is no one this book would not benefit, especially coaches. This is a relationship-improvement book whether it's your professional life or your personal life. I will share some of these words and the thoughts but DeVos gives so many great stories that I strongly recommend you get the book.

#7: I NEED YOU

When I used to awake on winter mornings and discover all the streets had been plowed, I knew worked has been up all night to make the roads passable.  When I flew into our airport in Grand Rapids on wintry nights and heard the reassuring voice saying to our pilots, "You're clears for your approach," I knew that the airport crew was doing it's job.  The 9/11 terrorist attacks reminded all of us that our firefighters and police officers risk their lives to protect us, and yet they had been routinely doing this job without our giving them much thought.

We need so many people that we tend to take them for granted.

When you look around there is no limit to all the people you need, but few of those people ever actually hear from you that you need them.  We take them for granted and really don't think about them a lot.