The following is just a portion of a post on Greg Brown's blog on rebounding. To read the entire article go to: http://bit.ly/4lzekM
PRINCIPLES OF REBOUNDING
Things to assume:
Offensively assume that every shot is a miss. Send 4 to boards.
Defensively assume every opponent is a terrible shooter. Send all 5 players to make physical contact.
Chin the Ball:
1. Fingers spread wide and straight up when holding the ball.
2. Elbows are held straight out in both directions.
3. Try to squeeze the basketball.
1. Rebound with two feet with two hands.
2. Go Up With Both Hands Up: Both hands are up with elbows at least shoulder high