Monday, September 10, 2012

ANNOUNCING A NEW BLOG -- QUOTATION RESOURCE

We are very excited to announce a new blog that we believe will be a tremendous resource to coaches as well as many others.  Over the past few years, I have often been asked where I get my motivational quotes from and the simple answer is by reading and listening.  What I did do nearly 20 years ago is starting a "quote bank" -- an idea I got from my friend and mentor Dale Brown -- so these have compiled over time. Any time I read or heard a good quote, I simply jotted it down (at first) and then later started adding them into my computer jump drive.

"Leading Words" is a blog that is dedicated to providing you with quotations that will fit any circumstance in case you are...

...looking for a quote to motivate a player
...looking for a quote to motivate a team
...looking for a few quotes for a speech you need to make
...looking for a few words to inspire yourself

There are over 125 categories with over 1,800 quotes.

Let me state that this is still a work in project.  I have nearly 500 more quotes to add as time permits.  Also, we will of course add new ones as we discover them.

As I mentioned, they are placed in various categories.  You can scroll to the bottom of the front page and see all the categories listed in alphabetical order.  Click on one and it will take you to a page with quotes on that topic only.

Here you go! http://leadingwords.blogspot.com/