Monday, September 3, 2012

FALL CLINIC DATES

I'm both honored and excited to be speaking at a couple of clinics in Texas this fall.  Not only do I get to share some of our thoughts on basketball and growing this great game, but it allows me to continue to meet some of the outstanding coaches in our state and surrounding areas.

KINGWOOD PARK COACHES CLINIC
September 15, 2012

Speakers: Brendan Suhr, Kevin McHale, Dominic Amorosa and Bob Starkey

Besides being able to speak in the Houston area on this weekend, I look forward to spending some time with my friend Brendan Suhr.  Brendan was a long-time assistant coach under Chuck Daly during the dynasty years with the Detroit Pistons.  If you are looking to add or improve upon the pick and roll in your offense -- no one is better than Brendan.  Of course, Brendan also teams up with Kevin Eastman to put on Coaching U Live each summer -- so he certainly knows what goes into a great clinic.  As a life-long Celtic fan, I will also look forward to hearing Kevin McHale. My friend Justin Burleson puts the clinic on each year and does an incredible job.

Here is a link for more information:
 http://www.humbleisd.net/Page/24600


DALLAS BASKETBALL COACHING WORKSHOP
October 6, 2012

Speakers: Fran Fraschilla, Bob Hill, Danny Henderson, Jarred Samples, Matt Grahn, and Bob Starkey

Again, it's a great opportunity to talk basketball but I'm excited about getting up in the Dallas area to meet some of the great coaches of that area.  I can tell you I'm also excited about learning from the other speakers as well.  Coach Fraschilla has won at every level of the college game and now does such a great job on ESPN.  He's one of those guys on TV that coaches want to hear because he actually teaches as he does the broadcast.  Bob Hill's been successful on the collegiate and NBA level.  My friend Matt Grahn puts this clinic on and it is a passion of his to make sure it is an outstanding day.

Here is a link for more information:
http://coachgbasketball.blogspot.com/p/2012-dallas-basketball-coaching-workshop.html

Registration: http://coachgbasketball.blogspot.com/p/dallas-basketball-coaching-workshop.html