Friday, March 8, 2013

THE WARRIOR ETHOS

The following comes from "Leadership in the New Normal: A Short Course" by Lt. General Russel L. Honore':

There's a saying in the Army that all the troops know by heart: "I will always place the mission first.  I will never accept defeat.  I will never quit.  I will never leave a fallen comrade."

We call that the Warrior Ethos.

Placing the mission first means my family is more important to me than anything else.

Never accepting defeat means I won't give up trying.  You may not like what I'm doing here, but I will not stop trying.

Never quiting means I'll be beside you, no matter how long it takes you to become the person you're mean to be.

Never leaving a fallen comrade means regardless of what you do, I will always love you.  I will come go get you.

No comments: