Monday, September 2, 2013

BREAKING BARRIERS

As I keep track of Diana Nyad today, pushing strong towards her life-long goal of swimming from Cuba to Florida, I am reminded of a few quotes of hers that I'd like to share.  The first one is my favorite and one that we share each year with our teams:

"I am willing to put myself through anything; temporary pain or discomfort means nothing to me as long as I can that the experience will take me to a new level.  I am interested in the unknown and the only path to the unknown is through breaking barriers, an often-painful process."

"But for each of us, isn't life about determining your own finish line?

The journey has always been about reaching your own other shore no matter what it is, and that dream continues."

"It's not too late, I can still live my dream."

Track Diana's process here http://www.diananyad.com/