Sunday, November 9, 2008

THOUGHTS ON PAYING THE PRICE

"If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem wonderful at all."
-Michelangelo-

"Behind every great achievement is a story of education, training, practice, discipline, and sacrifice. You have to be willing to pay the price."
-Jack Canfield-

"When I played with Michael Jordan on the Olympic team, there was a huge gap between his ability and the ability of the other great players on that team. But was impressed me was that he was always the first one on the floor and the last one to leave."
-Steve Alford-

"When you're not practicing, someone somewhere is. And when the two of you meet, given roughly equal ability, he will win."
-Ed Macauley-

"If I miss a day of practice, I know it. If I miss two days, my manager knows it. If I miss three days, my audience knows it."
-Andre Previn-
Pianist, conductor, and composer

"Legendary violinist Isaac Stern was one confronted by a middle-aged woman after a concert. She gushed, 'Oh, I'd give my life to play like you!' 'Lady,' said Stern acidly, 'that I did!'"

"Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separated the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work."
-Stephen King-

All of the above are from Jack Canfield's "The Success Principles"