Friday, June 19, 2009

GREG BROWN SHARES SOME COACH MEYER

Evidently I'm not the only one going through some of my old Coach Don Meyer notes this week. Greg Brown, of University of Central Florida, who served on Coach Meyer's staff at Lipscomb, did the same and listed this in his blog today:

Every few days I go through some of my old Lipscomb notebooks or some old Academy notebooks. I'm always amazed that I pick up something new each time.Here are a few of the things that I made note of:

1. A couple of possessions off won't win a championship.
2. Eliminate the 2 mistake syndrome.
3. A great team doesn't need a coach to tell them to talk.
4. You reach the highest level with the closest teams.
5. Learn how to compete on nights when you don't have it.
6. Tough minded enough to do the necessary things--this is the epitome of what a team is.
7. We have to be at a higher standard.
8. Never take generosity for granted.
9. Appreciate hard work and effort.
10. Human nature--we all want the easy way out--but that doesn't equal a champion.


By the way, Greg is posting great stuff every day. Check out his blog at: