Wednesday, August 24, 2011

30 DAYS TO A CHAMPIONSHIP: A DAY OF MEETINGS

Jim Boone: Today will be a day that I will spend entirely on campus again with lots of important things going on as we move forward trying to develop a culture.

9:00 AM -- Meet with Nike rep
10:00 AM -- Presentation on upgrading WVW website
Noon -- Lunch with a longtime Bobcat booster
Afternoon -- Individual Player Meeting

The player meetings are on-going and important.  Building trust in each other is not a one-time event -- it is forever evolving.  I can tell you this -- the more I meet with them the more I'm loving my new team!

I will also take some time to start putting together our pre-season workouts...finally some basketball X&O's!

And then I am working to finish up interviews for our staff positions -- this is a tough process.  It's such a critical hire.  You want to get the staff on board as quickly as possible but you can't rush the process to hire the right people.