Tuesday, August 24, 2010

NOTES FROM COACH MEYER'S POST CAMP

This is the second set of notes from Sylvia Fowles notebook while attending Don Meyer's Post Camp a few years ago:

·Know who I am and what my game is
·Teach myself
·Skill development program
·Be the best I can be
·Properly and quickly execute the fundamentals of the game
·Be a practice player first
·Go to and counter move
·I can do anything I want to do
·I can’t do everything I want to do
·Less is more

Levels of Playing:
Lowest- unconscious and incompetent
Second- conscious and incompetent (doesn’t understand)
Third- conscious and competent (know what you are doing)
Forth- unconscious and competent (know what you have to do- Michael Jordan)

1) A good player knows where he or she is on the floor.
2) A great player knows where everyone is on the floor.
3) A super player knows where everybody is and what he or she is going to do.